She had planned it to the T.

Even before her feet touched the ground. The second she opened her eyes and traced the pattern of the ceiling almost chalking out the plot with an invisible ink.

Sitting in the balcony sipping on her quiet cup of ginger tea , before the world woke up and took her life over , the finer details were etched out. Her over zealous mind planned every little detail like the plot of a Hitchcock movie. She smiled at the parallel drawn.

Breakfast done with , the husband was out for the better part of the day , it being a working weekend for him. She wound up the work and took her son to the park & then to the mall.

The guilt did creep in as she watched the little ball of excitement hug her tightly and thank her for a fabulous day.

I’ve raised him so well.

The guilt of what the entire day was leading to , hardly something the perfect mom is expected to do , for a split second fade away as intense feeling of love for this tiny bundle of pure joy took over .

Once back , she fed the little one and soon he crashed out of fatigue.  The call from husband’s office arrived on dot as expected.

I am going to be late , don’t wait up for dinner.

Nope she wont. She looked around in the quiet , empty house.  This is the moment , the one she had been waiting for since her waking thought.

She opened her laptop , a tall mug of coffee and a huge smile on her face as company . Headed to the one place that was her universe , a world away for her world. Where she felt completely alive , like her own person .

Her Blog . The Alternate Reality.

She hit New Post and started typing away the draft in her head.

—-

Thousands of bloggers begin their month long journey into the AtoZChallenge today .

My very first post is dedicated to so many women who are searching for an identity , a voice , a space they can call their own. Blogging is the perfect escape , the Alternate Reality for so many of us.

Read 26 such stories through the AtoZChallenge about Everyday Women.

Leave me a note if you have such a story to share?

Everyday Women

Alternate Reality #AtoZChallenge Day 1

54 thoughts on “Alternate Reality #AtoZChallenge Day 1

• April 1, 2016 at 10:06 am

Blogging means so much to so many of us! you are so right in observing that .. thanks for the appreciation !

• April 1, 2016 at 4:41 am

This was a bit sad…don’t know why I expected the worst. Glad it ended on a positive. Great start to the challenge.:-)

• April 1, 2016 at 10:06 am

Oh , why so ? What would be your version of the story? am all ears .. share !

• April 1, 2016 at 12:25 pm

Oh no. I’m just a bit paranoid. When I read of the husband working late…my mind automatically pointed to an affair. That was the sad part.:-)

• April 1, 2016 at 12:30 pm

Ah.. well wink wink.. that was the idea . The mystery that links reality and alternate reality 🙂 am happy my post made you wonder about this lady..

• April 1, 2016 at 12:37 pm

where’s your post!! share its link? cant find it on your blog..

• April 1, 2016 at 12:56 pm

Will definitely reschedule the posts for an earlier time

• April 1, 2016 at 4:43 am

Alternate reality where she found her best self. Perfectly written. Now waiting for alphabet B.

• April 1, 2016 at 4:45 am

Dear you have written a very good one. And I was wondering how tough it would be to create 26 stories in such a short time. But I know you will nail it.

This simple truth of life you have written in such beautiful words. A very short instance told is simple and elegant way.

As usual, I am going to be afteryour blog, searching old posts and new.. BEWARE!! 🙂

Good Luck for this challenge!!

• April 1, 2016 at 10:05 am

Thanks Seeya.. in a complex complex world , trying to achieve simplicity in writing..:) Thanks for your note , all the best to you too!

• April 1, 2016 at 5:15 am

Ah, that was great. You took me by surprise, actually. I though she was a writer. But then, that’s more or less the same thing 😉

@JazzFeathers
    The Old Shelter – Jazz Age Jazz

• April 1, 2016 at 10:04 am

Yes , it so is. Writers , bloggers – the hats we wear ! Thanks for dropping by:)

• April 1, 2016 at 8:36 am

I’m gonna love your AprilA2Z posts. I remember being a young mom and feeling that bliss too! 🙂 Mary Lou from Me In The Middle
    @qmarylou_q

• April 1, 2016 at 10:03 am

Thanks Mary .. though this was fiction :)[shhh!!]

• April 1, 2016 at 10:29 am

Very cool. Loved your first take on letter A. Writing is an alternate reality for so many.

• April 1, 2016 at 11:19 am

• April 1, 2016 at 12:25 pm

So true, Chandni! Loved the piece! Actually I thought she was going to do something bizarre! Your A was terrific….bring it on girl!

• April 1, 2016 at 12:27 pm

Reality is stranger than fiction.. and alternate reality ? well you never know how much stranger that can be..Thanks for dropping by kala

• April 1, 2016 at 2:06 pm

You’ve got to be kidding me. I was imagining the worst- like she committing suicide or running away and the likes!
    But how wonderfully you crafted the whole post. Loved it! And three cheers to all the women bloggers for trying. Let them be heard.

• April 1, 2016 at 2:40 pm

Gotchya !! am happy that the post made you think.. any feedback on length , tone , writing.. do share?

• April 1, 2016 at 2:44 pm

Na… It is perfect. That’s why I was not able to see where the post was actually going. Brilliant!

• April 1, 2016 at 7:26 pm

Oh yes.. ME time .. so crucial and yes apt as well 🙂

• April 1, 2016 at 4:32 pm

Haha… I so identify with it.
    It was how it started. Now, I am more confident 🙂
    When my first child was born, I read in a parenting book that one shouldn’t feel guilty about needed some me-time away from the child. That’s natural and healthy… society would have us believe that the right way is to want to be with family and children 24×7.
    I always say I am rediscovering myself through my blog, and it seems like you have expressed my thoughts in this post.
    Loved it…

–Nimi

• April 1, 2016 at 7:25 pm

Thank you for such a warm and personal note.. it seems so heartfelt and am so touched that you could relate to it .. you made my day!

• April 1, 2016 at 5:06 pm

I would have loved to share my story but I cannot – you just posted my ‘alternate reality’! Fantastic job and built it up so very well. Loved it. cannot wait to read more – all the very best

• April 1, 2016 at 7:24 pm

Are you serious? thank you so much for saying that .. I did write a fictional account but am sure many of us see us in the story 🙂

• April 1, 2016 at 7:23 pm

Thanks Gail! Will hop across and read your post too and wish you loads of love and luck!

• April 1, 2016 at 6:55 pm

so effortlessly you have brought to the fore the writers desire of solace and to be left with alone to simply keep scribbling 🙂

• April 1, 2016 at 7:23 pm

Interesting to see how you could relate to the post about someone you perhaps are so different from.. thanks for your kind words 🙂

• April 1, 2016 at 7:13 pm

wow… Beautiful is her universe and really one can’t depend entirely on the external situations for happiness. Loved it 🙂

• April 1, 2016 at 7:22 pm

Thanks Shalini .. happiness is actually a balance between external and internal forces .. glad to know my thoughts resonate with you!

• April 1, 2016 at 7:36 pm

Ah those moments of solitude in between busy schedules. 🙂
    Off to a fantabulous start Chandni!

• April 1, 2016 at 7:37 pm

Hey Ramya.. thanks for dropping by!

• April 1, 2016 at 8:46 pm

My brain started conjuring up images of Amy Dunne from Gone Girl as I started getting deeper into the post. And the blogger twist. I can never stop being amazed by flash fiction!

Hope you had a great first day 🙂

• April 1, 2016 at 9:17 pm

This woman is so like me. I loved the punch of reality accentuated by the vivid narration and the climax was superb.
    What a cracker opening story for the challenge.
    Can’t wait for tomorrow’s story 🙂
    Keep rocking girl!

• April 1, 2016 at 10:02 pm

OMG, what a post! Being a man though, but I must admit that I can truly understand the emotions involved while writing it. Salute to all the women who are mothers, daughters and taking care of our lives too with theirs. Thanks for sharing this and look forward to read more such posts and would be glad to share them all over to reach out to more men specially. Keep writing!! 🙂
    @bloggerabhi1 from
    StyleBurp

• April 1, 2016 at 10:53 pm

For a reason unknown, I predicted the right end. But yours was the only piece which made me happy that I guessed it right. I love your post. And looking forward for all the posts. The theme is closest to my heart.

• April 2, 2016 at 4:37 am

Thanks Ramya .. am happy the writing captured your interest. Be back for more?

• April 2, 2016 at 3:37 am

We all have this completely different personas in our alternate reality, dont we?
    Beautiful ! 🙂

• April 2, 2016 at 4:20 pm

This is awesome!! We all are looking for a second identity, especially women. A toast to all such women.. eagerly awaiting for your rest of the posts Chandni! 🙂

• April 2, 2016 at 7:57 pm

Thanks for the kind words Rohan

• April 2, 2016 at 6:07 pm

I love this theme.
    I loved the story.
    It had so much of raw truth.
    Will certainly look forward to the remaining 25 posts.
    I’m amazed!
    @Lanzomaniac via One Sun, Many Rays

• April 3, 2016 at 5:29 am

Now that’s quite an interesting story :). While she was the everyday mother who loved her children to bits, she found a new reality in blogging. There are so many closet writers out there who end up finding a completely different identity and fame in blogging. Nicely done Chandni :).

• Pingback: The Week That Was #AtoZChallenge with #BlogChatter