When I decided to take a break sometime last month and in my very first post on my brand new blog I wrote about it , I had this exciting idea.

You know how you read about people doing something diligently & then documenting it like a phase of their life? Nothing consequential , quite the ordinary actually.

Like that couple of the #FollowMeTo series or like that man who ‘proposed to his girl friend 365 times without her knowing ‘ [lame I know , but fun – you have to admit] .

So for the first time , I realized I was going to start something new – that had major ‘blogging potential’ . There was drama , there were pictures , there were these insights and wisdom that I hopefully was going to find along the way and that’s how the idea of #ThisAndDoingNothing was born.

BlogPost

It’s essentially a Daily Series on Instagram and Twitter , followed by a bi-weekly [or more ] Blog update . Nothing jazzy , just a picture collage or a highlight of the week perhaps. Or maybe more? Only time would tell!

This week was all about spending time at home and connecting with people I’ve not spoken to in the longest. I have inspired people , or so they tell me and that’s exciting to hear coz some women like us want to do it well when they are doing so much and do it better then they are doing nothing!

Lots planned for the coming weeks.. till then linking my very First #MyFriendAlexa post here . Also wishing , praying and hoping to take my Alexa Rank to the next level with BlogChatter . Since this page is barely a few days old my Rank is at 11254175 [as on 5th Sept morning].

Alrite then hopping across to the blogs of so many interesting bloggers I hope to connect with during this month. Happy Blogging Y’all!

Read more about #ThisAndDoingNothing series .. here , here , here and here 🙂

What do you do when you have Nothing to do? #MyFriendAlexa

28 thoughts on “What do you do when you have Nothing to do? #MyFriendAlexa

• September 3, 2016 at 3:36 pm

Could you also add some fiction tales to this? *Please* *please* *please* 😀

Love the idea of the daily update and the biweekly blog post. It will do really well on the Alexa front to keep posting quality content, and the images could also carry tags and keywords which will help in the image search engine optimisation!

You’ll do a great job with this campaign, Chandni! Much love, and all the best! 🙂

• September 4, 2016 at 2:52 am

The daily series and the Biweekly blog update sounds fantastic :D. Kudos to you for inspiring others and may you continue to do so for a long time to come :).

• September 4, 2016 at 5:10 pm

People talk about posting schedules, frankly speaking I believe in writing when I want to. Looking forward to some exciting posts ahead 🙂 All the best for the Alexa campaign.

• September 4, 2016 at 9:22 pm

I believe in writing when you are so inspired that writing is the only thing that comes to your mind… so what works for you works for you…

• September 4, 2016 at 9:21 pm

Right back at you Ruchi.. for a post like this .. your reply was the most ARTICULATE one that i got so far.. 🙂 🙂

• September 4, 2016 at 6:22 pm

I liked the idea of #ThisAndDoingNothing..looks like a good plan and would love to read your posts..Congrats for the new space and all the best 🙂

• September 5, 2016 at 12:07 am

#ThisAndDoingNothing
    like you wer telling me the other day 🙂
    Looking forward to your “nothings” !!

• September 5, 2016 at 10:22 am

You know, I am a fan of #ThisAnd DoingNothing I am so looking forward to this. All the best for all he new and may you forever grow.

• September 7, 2016 at 11:24 am

Jaibala –Oh you cant miss it even if you hate these updates.. LOL!!

• September 5, 2016 at 4:08 pm

Another quirky one from you – am becoming addicted to your posts. cant wait to read the next one. Cheers

• September 6, 2016 at 11:54 am

Haha .. quirky? that’s more YOU than me..

• September 5, 2016 at 8:13 pm

That’s a great idea! I’m glad that you took a break, Chandni. I read that you had a not-so good time and believe me, I went through the same.. I have taken a break and joined my husband last month. Including my parents, every one scolded me for leaving my job. I sometimes feel helpless too. But, yes. That’s the way of life. I will definitely follow your series of pictures and posts here and in Instagram. Good luck. 🙂

• September 6, 2016 at 11:53 am

Shalini , way to go. I feel something that’s not giving you joy should be replaced at the earliest [ ofcourse if thats one really really wants ] enjoy your time home ! and thanks for being around as always.

• September 5, 2016 at 8:29 pm

Chandni, I demand some fiction. Please please please.

Also, I really don’t want to feel jealous every time I visit your blog. 😛

On a serious note, though – it’s a well-deserved sabbatical. I hope you enjoy every moment of it!

• September 6, 2016 at 11:52 am

LOL .. am sticking to the #ThisAndDoingNothing theme baby.. and you never know when the fiction happens too ..

• September 6, 2016 at 1:06 am

#ThisAndDoingNothing seems interesting. Always good to have a mix of things like picture collage, a daily photo blog kind of thing or weekly post. 🙂

• September 6, 2016 at 11:51 am

Yes , Saumy thats the idea! thanks for visiting my blog and see you around ..

• September 7, 2016 at 7:09 pm

Looks like I found you Chandni 🙂 I like your quirky writing. Hoping to see more of these in coming days!
    Lots of love and luck 🙂

• September 7, 2016 at 7:59 pm

the already got me hooked and kept thinking what’s in store…looking forward!

• September 8, 2016 at 11:40 am

LOL .. I am kind of getting infamous in the blogchatter circuits as the girl who does nothing.. 😉 thanks for dropping by .. do that often so that i have more to write about.

• September 13, 2016 at 6:57 pm

I’m a big non-fiction reader – it’s just what I’m most interested in reading right now. I like reading about the way people think and work and I like reading memoirs and stories of real people and no doubt your blog gives me all those to read in form of updates. keep writing.

• September 13, 2016 at 11:34 pm

Enjoyed this totally relaxed way of going about#MyFriendAlexa. Your blog may be 5 days old but you wrote like an angel

• Pingback: Wrapping up #MyFriendAlexa on a high – Life in Third Dimension