How are you feeling?

Let me ask you this coz I doubt if any one has asked you this in a long time. Not unless you are unwell , in which case it’s only basic courtesy. Or if you are having a chat with your mother , because that doesn’t count. But other than to start a conversation when was the last time someone truly wanted to know ‘how you were doing? How was life treating you and how is it going for you?’ as the entire agenda of the conversation.

Honestly , its been a while since any one asked me that . So lately when the chaos around me has subsided a bit , I went ahead and asked myself – How am I doing?

After a week-long  deliberation I’ve concluded –I am practicing happiness and am getting there.

Unlike some people who sail through life, like it’s a joy ride or at least they seem so . There are people like me who really need to make an effort to be really  content with the choices they’ve made.

Be it slogging for years to build the life they wanted or to take a step back and slow down once they’ve reached a significant milestone.

I came across a quote last week that emphasized how we are simply one step away from a completely different life. We can think and rethink the step that we’ve just taken or really soak in all the positive changes that it’s bringing about .

That’s the choice I am making and that’s how I am feeling this Monday Morning  noon. I am feeling the change , one moment , one cup of tea , one blog post , one quiet evening of doing nothing at all at a time .

How are you feeling?

img_17442

I am taking my Alexa rank to the Next Level with BlogChatter , linking up my post here.

Alexa Rank: 5th Sep : 112,54,175  , 8th Sep : 57,33,160 , 12th Sep : 40,06,549

Read more about #ThisAndDoingNothing series .. here , here , here and here 🙂

How are you feeling? #MyFriendAlexa

42 thoughts on “How are you feeling? #MyFriendAlexa

• September 13, 2016 at 9:44 am

I get you, I am a person how has to make that effort to be content too, being happy and staying happy is a continuous never ending process for me. That quote I am going to save that.

• September 13, 2016 at 10:50 am

As long as you an I are on that path.. reading some wonderful posts , meeting some amazing people , bookmarking these beautiful quotes .. all is well , all is well JAI!!

• September 13, 2016 at 10:35 am

I become serious on this morning by reading your post, starts reflecting upon some of my choices, as me too changed a lot during this 1.5 years just by changing city.

How are you feeling my friend ??

• September 13, 2016 at 10:48 am

Oh why so serious Doc! Dont be 🙂 Am feeling thrilled to see so many people visiting my brand new blog.. #MyFriendAlexa has brought so my new friends over to my new home .. delighted !

• September 13, 2016 at 10:53 am

Glad you liked it Neha.. Thanks for dropping by!

• September 13, 2016 at 11:30 am

Good one..something to ponder and I strongly feel that being happy is in your own hands. If you depend on somebody else for your happiness..you will never be happy. I am glad to be connected with you through #myfriendalexa. Love your new theme and blog 🙂

• September 13, 2016 at 11:35 am

I associate this with you. I can share everything it will become a post in itself I guess. Achieving something and then a halt for no fault. I am recognizing my talents, give myself the time which I denied. #zarahatkeblogreads

• September 13, 2016 at 2:20 pm

I’ve always been a person who loves the small joys of life – a bright yellow butterfly fluttering around flowers is enough to make my day! Good days, bad days come and go, they leave us with learnings that help us live our life better. Thought-provoking post this – thanks!

• September 13, 2016 at 2:23 pm

That’s a rocking quote Chandni. Samuel xyz! Btw could you keep larger previews of images. Even in the previous post, I couldn’t read the quotes clearly :(. At least keep a lightbox where one can click and it pops up the image in full size.

And it is so true, no use spending time wasting over the effects of our actions and on things that lie outside our control, we can keep on taking the next step and soak in all the positive changes that each one brings about!

• September 13, 2016 at 3:52 pm

Yes, been so long since someone really asked me how am I doing! How are you doing Chandini?

• September 13, 2016 at 4:48 pm

That is so true! We ask others how they are doing but do we really care and so is the case that happens with us!

At the moment, I feel anxious, for my work, for the exam that I’m planning to give and for the discipline that I’m lacking for it!

I liked this post, Chandni!

Cheers

• September 13, 2016 at 6:07 pm

Thats a gorgeous thought and so very true. We never wonder about how we are feeling at any given point in time nor reflect on it. You have made me rethink a lot of things. Thanks Woman!!

• September 13, 2016 at 6:26 pm

And that’s the way to live life… practicing happiness, ignoring negative thoughts. It feels amazing to be the only person who doesn’t crib and keeps people wondering about the reason behind the ever present smile. I am sure you will love the change 🙂 And that’s a beautiful smile.

• September 13, 2016 at 8:13 pm

I completely relate to this. Practising happy thoughts, telling yourself to keep away from negativity is the healthiest thing you can do. I’m trying! Lovely post, Chandni!

• September 14, 2016 at 9:14 am

Trying is half way there already.. just like me .. happy blogging Manavi!

• September 13, 2016 at 8:29 pm

I loved this line
    There are people like me who really need to make an effort to be really content with the choices they’ve made.
    I could relate to what you are trying to say. Well yes the choice is made and it on us how we bring in a positive twist to it 🙂

• September 13, 2016 at 8:29 pm

Food for thought. There was a time when little things made me happy. Now, honestly I don’t know if it is like that anymore. I’m easily frustrated and angry. I hope I can practice happiness and get back to my old life.

• September 13, 2016 at 8:55 pm

Happiness is reading positive posts 🙂
    And i need to learn from you to utilise being at home by celebrating

• September 13, 2016 at 9:14 pm

This made me think from a different perspectve about life and what we come across daily.

• September 14, 2016 at 9:13 am

Thanks . Atul , posts like these happen when there are people like you to read 🙂 happy blogging!

• September 13, 2016 at 10:11 pm

I am just like that.. I can’t be content. I read it twice and am so trying to get in your zone.

• September 14, 2016 at 9:16 am

You’ll get in the zone when the time is right 🙂 Till then no rush right?
      Thanks for dropping by ..

• September 13, 2016 at 11:19 pm

Happiness is a state of mind that actually makes you and people around you look forward to living your day! nice post chandni, looking forward to more of these.

• September 13, 2016 at 11:25 pm

I practice happiness and gratefulness as a daily practice too.Happiness is deeply internal and comes from the small realuzations. We are really just one step away from what we want.Loved this.

• September 14, 2016 at 9:11 am

Thanks Amrita .. Life like blogging can be a lonely journey untill we go ahead and make fabulous connections with people like you ..thanks for dropping by!

• September 14, 2016 at 2:42 am

How are you @Chandni? I mean this question.
    I love your positivity. Your emphasis on little moments of happiness. Living every moment kind of lifestyle.
    Success or failure are always subjective. What matters is being content. I am 🙂
    People generally forget to live life while racing through it and your article is a great reminder to just stop. Breath. Take a break. Think and then continue <3

• September 14, 2016 at 9:07 am

Yes Nisha.. It’s so important to take a break .. realised AFTER i took one myself 😉 thanks for dropping by . I am practicing ‘being positive coz you are what you do right?

• September 14, 2016 at 10:45 am

Yes,it is a fast-paced world where people have very little time for others,let alone being concerned about the other person’s feelings

• September 14, 2016 at 12:51 pm

Correct . So we could wait for other’s to ask.. or pose this question at self right?

• September 14, 2016 at 12:22 pm

Chandni I am sure this post strikes a chord with everyone! Loving your new blog look and I can see how your thought process is changing with the current scenario…..its getting better and better girl! A break is good!

• September 14, 2016 at 1:03 pm

Yay! you like the new look? Kala please share some constructive criticism .. you are so lavish with the praise always!!

• September 14, 2016 at 3:24 pm

Happiness is a state of mind. And yes, sometimes you need to work towards it. Life throws quite a few curveballs, no? It may take time, then, to steer your path to a more positive one but if at the back of your mind the intention is there, I say you have achieved it!
    Aditi

• September 14, 2016 at 11:22 pm

Feeling full of positivity, even though I’m tired. The last two weeks have been one hell of a roller coaster ride for me.

• September 15, 2016 at 8:39 am

Hmm…I’m a generally contented soul. It’s taken me a very long time to get to this stage though. But what I’ve learnt is that it’s all about radical self acceptance and really knowing exactly what it is you want – sometimes it’s not what you think it is!

• September 15, 2016 at 9:55 am

Chandni, you never cease to amaze me. In this busy world, we rarely have the time to talk to one another, sometimes, even ourselves. Thou art such a powerhouse of ideas and I have much to learn from thee. 😀

• September 15, 2016 at 10:03 am

Changes are important after some point and it depends on person how you take it positively. We usually surround ourselves by irrelevant things which make us disturbed. It just takes one moment to change that, change that perspective, change that surrounding and change our mind. Lovely post and thank you so much for this one!! 🙂

• September 15, 2016 at 3:19 pm

MOnday mornings afternoons, just the thought of monday was upsetting for me for a long long time. But now its ok. I tend to look for happiness in small things these days. I have stopped racing for every damn thing. Time to slow down a little may be and find happiness in smaller things and be content!

• Pingback: Three Small Steps & One Giant Stride #MyFriendAlexa – Life in Third Dimension