With an end of the #Brangelina Era and girls ruling the Emmys and so much more , last one week has been eventful to say the least . But life this side wasn’t any dull either.  Continuing with last week’s list of ‘Doing the new’ , here are my recent accomplishments. Yay to me.

Relearnt how I am my best company:

Not that I don’t have this long [ and growing] list of people I have to catch up with , I am spending an enormous time alone and its literally therapeutic . Highlight of the last week in this section ? I watched Pink the film, alone – Popcorn , Coffee , tissues , the works .  I would be able to share the experience with you as soon as I complete my unfinished post ‘Pink is the new Black’ . So hang in there .

break

Looking at the world with brand new eyes:

I downloaded Prisma . To say that it changes your world view completely is an understatement. A fresh bout of home decor pics and general madness shall soon ensue. You have been warned.

picassa

The Butterfly Effect is set in motion:

A published author [that flaunts a blue tick on twitter] posted yet another irksome tweet . It could’ve been a great counter publicity move for ‘Pink The Film’ but it did seem to come from a genuinely confused space inside her head. I tried to react to it like I mostly do by taking my age old stance – let’s not harm the cause of feminism just coz you don’t seem to get it. But something went off in my head and I finally wrote the first [of perhaps many] posts on Feminism .

The story doesn’t end there , infact it has just begun . For the first time ever I was BLOCKED , while I was quietly going about my life , just expressing my views [ and not even quoting people in question .. do you realize that I am still NOT!] .

The bottomline is , as we speak – The Feminism Triangle is the most read post on my blog and am proud I didn’t resort to shameless self promotions for it as  ‘a sly open letter’ .

In other news, I also completed 9 years of existence in the blogosphere . Crazy huh? I did plan a post around it. But I am going to have a significant year ahead and rather do a fabulous 10th year blog post. What say?

9-years

So wrapping up the week 3 and stepping into the last leg of MyFriendAlexa campaign , I can see how much I’ve gained as a blogger. My definition of content & connections has further changed and my Alexa rank has dropped to 7,59,933. What are your plans as the countdown to October begins?

I am taking my Alexa rank to the next level with Blogchatter, linking the post here.

Read more about #ThisAndDoingNothing series .. here , here , here and here 🙂

Three Small Steps & One Giant Stride #MyFriendAlexa

35 thoughts on “Three Small Steps & One Giant Stride #MyFriendAlexa

• September 23, 2016 at 11:17 am

Such a beautiful post Chandni.. Alexa rank has taken blogging to new heights altogether. And sure the 10th Anniversary post sounds like a lot of excitement! Congratulations on completing full 9 years. The decor looks really classy! October is sure gonna be a rocking month!

Cheers
    Geets

• September 25, 2016 at 7:28 pm

Thanks Geet.. So much has happened since 2016 began. New home , getting burnt out and now taking this break .. Little milestones like being around for 9 years almost went un-noticed. Thanks for being around..

• September 23, 2016 at 11:23 am

Chandni, you know what I am going to say, but then again I will say it for the benefit of those who read you 😉 . You totally rock,with all the awesomeness in the way you handled everything. Congrats on 9 Years! That makes you a veteran btw, just saying 🙂 I haven’t really liked the Prisma app though! I deleted it off my phone.

Looking forward to more awesome from you.

• September 25, 2016 at 7:39 pm

Jai , awesomeness is contagious. It’s seeping through our chats so what ever it is that you are doing , just keep at it .. it’s working for me too 🙂

• September 23, 2016 at 5:49 pm

Nothing short of a roller-coaster ride, wasn’t it?
    Congrats on 9 years! And wow! I really didn’t now you are a veteran. I mean. Wow! 🙂

• September 25, 2016 at 7:49 pm

I am NOT a veteran Shalz.. 9 years now do seem long but they weren’t significant. Last one year was transformational. So thats wow – worthy 🙂

• September 23, 2016 at 6:00 pm

I still say a Year 9 post is warranted 🙂
    It is a huge deal. You’ve been writing for 9 years. less than 3-4% of the Indian blogosphere can claim that consistency.

• September 25, 2016 at 7:53 pm

Done. The way you put that across you got my attention. So the 9 year post would be dedicated to you 🙂

• September 23, 2016 at 7:19 pm

Yayy and many cheers to #ThisAndDoingNothing! You say it best when you say nothin’ at all! What say?! And you’ve been around 9 yrs? Whew, totally pro man! You are a true rockstar, love ya!

• September 25, 2016 at 7:54 pm

Kala .. takes a pro to spot a pro . A rockstar to appreciate another one nahin ?

• September 25, 2016 at 7:52 pm

I look at people so dedicated , committed, curious and creative when it comes to blogging in the real sense and i feel there is so much to learn and do .. so here’s to the next 9 years 🙂
      Prisma is a latest fad .. am sure sooner or later it shall go too

• September 24, 2016 at 1:00 pm

9 years is a long time, I guess i am blogging from a long time too but wasnt that active. This Octiber i plan to start Tech posts on my blog. Maybe i need to track like you what i did in a month

• September 25, 2016 at 7:26 pm

Wow .. 9 years does seem like a long time now that EVERYONE is pointing that out 🙂
      Doing interesting new things is exciting so go ahead have fun with those tech posts. but dont get too carried away with my monthly tracking.. for the first time i have this kind of time as i am on a temp break from work ..

• September 24, 2016 at 3:04 pm

9 years of blogging? Wow! Congratulations Chandni 🙂 And yes I agree, you are your own best friend. Spending time alone is therapeutic.

• September 25, 2016 at 7:56 pm

Thanks Reema – am hoping the 10th year is truly significant as I have so much to learn from bloggers like you 🙂

• September 25, 2016 at 8:24 pm

Oh I love you for saying that !! I Love people who love my posts and say that out loud – wink wink!!
      Pink was such a well timed movie. a movie that needed to be made. will surely blog about it soon

• September 24, 2016 at 10:15 pm

congrats for completing 9 Years thats means a lot may you reach zenith

• September 25, 2016 at 8:41 pm

So humbled and moved with your heartfelt wish 🙂

• September 25, 2016 at 7:11 pm

Honestly , most of the 9 years before blogchatter happened , I was lost and lonely. Blogging needs company and that;s why the last year has been significant .

• October 8, 2016 at 9:30 am

Cannot comment, some issues with the jetpack of yours ..
        9 wonderful years of blogging, this can be seen in your posts.
        The creation and maturity of words .

And prisma 😀 I really like the app for clicking books.

I am my own company is a motivation

• September 25, 2016 at 12:14 am

I have done tons of things alone – watched Harry Potter and the Dealthy Hallows 2 alone, Bang Bang alone, Hurt Locker alone, went on shopping trips alone, have had lunches in good restaurants alone – I seriously can’t wait for people to make plan or accompany. When no ones there you are the best company to self!

• September 25, 2016 at 6:59 pm

You have ? Hmm.. I have too . But not since I got married and especially not since I became a mommy. As a single , alone used to be super fun!
      But as a blogger — we all need company no?

• September 25, 2016 at 8:03 pm

Such a well structured post, Chandni! 9 years is a great milestone and I hope you complete many more with some rocking nos. (rank and blog count) 🙂

• September 25, 2016 at 8:18 pm

Thanks Saumya.. wasnt focussing on either of those so far. and honestly they arent as imp as discovering some interesting people and kick starting some conversations 🙂 Thanks so much!

• Pingback: Highs , Lows & Two Weeks of #ThisAndDoingNothing – Life in Third Dimension

• Pingback: How are you feeling? #MyFriendAlexa – Life in Third Dimension

• Pingback: What do you do when you have Nothing to do? #MyFriendAlexa – Life in Third Dimension

• September 25, 2016 at 11:08 pm

Hi Chandini!
    9 yearsss? Woow! Congratulations ❤ May the rockstar have many more years and more happiness! ?

• September 30, 2016 at 12:37 pm

Congratulations and Celebrations!! Hats-off for completing 9 years successfully, keep counting as many more and more to come….. 🙂

@bloggerabhi1 from