Over the weekend , As I watched Mahavir Singh Phogat & his gritty daughters chase a common dream , I had my Dangal moment.
People quit work and backpack their way across the globe. Some others jump from the sky or go deep-sea diving. People do crazy things to feel alive. In a world that constantly fluctuates between ‘1 second wonders’ & ‘painfully ordinary’ , I’ve come to realize what drives some of us is ‘Getting Goosebumps’. That’s what we seek when we read other people , watch movies , travel to places off the tourist map or start something of our own.
Every year sees a lot of ups and downs . We change a bit , grow a lot. As the dates on the calendar change this year , I feel like a completely new person. Amidst those 365 days and millions of moments that went by, there were quite a handful that gave me what I sought. These are the moments that will give me goosebumps for a long time.
- Wrote out my New Year’s resolutions and Created a Vision Board . More than achieved 4 out of 5 goals for 2016.
- Attended BlogChatter Workshop – Twice and met Richa , the person who has literally brought me back to life.
- Completed my very first daily blogging challenge . Amidst one gazillion things I was managing in April it was like scaling an Everest but the view from the top was worth it .
- Published my very first eBook thanks to BlogChatter & I can’t thank Reema , Roma , Rohan , Shinjini & Maggie for saying such kind words in their reviews.
- Experienced home-coming. I remember almost a year back stepping into a space that was all bland walls and feeling a sense pride and joy that can never be put into words, so I wont even try. Home to me is peace and this year I’ve found a piece of it.
- Won my First workplace R&R , gave it up and learnt an invaluable lesson in return. Put your head into your work & you’ll never be heart-broken in the bargain.
- Took 3 months of my life and spent it in doing nothing! Experiencing Joie De Niente , Best decision ever .
- I also moved my blog to its own space. Going self hosted had been on my mind for years now , it happened thanks to HostMyBlog peeps.
- Got hooked to tracking Alexa Rank and now there’s no looking back. Getting My Alexa Rank from NA to 3L was such a high. Now onto sub 1L . Hmm.
- Meeting some amazing people. Energetic , positive , honest , forward-looking , driven , inspired & inspiring . We live in such exciting times , there seems to be so much out there that’s turning the world go around . This year I got goosebumps as I looked at people doing so much more with their lives that meets the eye. It’s so important to move out of our little well and take that leap because what you seek is seeking you.
On a cold Christmas-y Sunday , I look back at 2016 with a lot of warmth.
It was about sparkling movies , inspired writing , self love, discovering amazing stories , finding my niche , connecting with fabulous people and getting ready to Embrace 2017. How was 2016 for you and what are you seeking from 2017?
Linking the post with BlogChatter weekly prompt ‘New Year’ here.